User Tag List

Thread: Ameri-Anything: or why our vintage friends in San Diego deserve some extra love

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ameri-Anything: or why our vintage friends in San Diego deserve some extra love

First of all AmeriVespa (AmeriAnything - thanks Jumbo) is what it is. I am not going to get into all of THAT.

I went to San Diego knowing exactly what I would find, a Tupperware party. I had other reasons to be there, so I went, I rode, and I was impressed.

Not by the VCOA, not by the English Beat...

But by the San Diego Community.

Vespa MotorSport, not only are they awesome for parts. These guys are a well oiled machine of Party hosting, seamless on the fly barBQ location switching, helpful "what do you need" kind of folk.

-One of my party needed new tires on Friday, mechanic (I wish I could remember his name!) put it right on the hoist and got us rolling as quickly as a tire change for a plastic monstrosity takes.

-I was having issues Saturday. Jeff hooked me up with what ever I needed to set her right, EVEN offered me his Rally should mine not run well. WOW! THANK YOU SIR!

I was impressed by the spread on the beach in Mexico. But the load-out in the middle of food prep on Sunday, to seamless recovery at the shop executed in zen-like fashion, was something to witness. Well Done!

Any Pharaohs on here? Nice job with co-hosting this ginormous gathering!

Secret Society - what can I say, except you were a port in a sea of .....well, you know. The only organized ride that I participated in was the poker-run. I am so glad that I did! Well organized, nice route, really cool stops (especially the under-freeway park!) OK, so we are snaking our way around San Diego and I realize I haven't seen one cop; lots of bold road blocking, a lot of angry people, but NO cops. Good job leading what had to be close to 200! no injuries, no tickets!

Chopper- Awesome party! Thank you for inviting me
    LambrettaJen - It was so nice to finally get a chance to meet you!

Herb - Thank you again for leading my guys and I up to Mt. Soledad. Perfect ride at the perfect time and always great to see you and your best girl

Thanks to all of you for making it a really fantastic weekend in San Diego!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Julie,

Thank you so much for representing. Youre always welcome. Walk Hard and Purple Drank! See you at Scoot Invasion!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
    Julie,

Thank you so much for representing. Youre always welcome. Walk Hard and Purple Drank! See you at Scoot Invasion!!!!!!
    Julie, was great running into uou and riding. Fun times in SanDiego.

Chopper, were you at the Gelato for the friday night ride? That was good run thru the hills! What bike was yours. I tried to get to say hi most I could. Great crowd you have down there for sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great weekend at Amerivespa

Julie,
    Glad you had a great time. After working on the planning for close to a year I was not really looking forward to the weekend, but from the get go I had a great time. The Vintage ride was great with a good turn out and a ton of nice scooters, the show at the whistle stop was fun with a good crowd. The Poker run was totally awesome as well, with a group that big it could not have gone smoother. Looking back over the Coronado bridge and seeing nothin but scooters was amazing.

to all those that came out, thanks. Yes there were a ton of modern scooters but we had a vintage only ride a great concourse show as well as tons of other great events and rides. There was still a great turnout of vintage scooters and it was easy to just hang out with them.
    all in all, I have not had that much fun at a scooter event in a long time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Word. The Poker Run was awesome and I couldn't believe how well it went with that many folks!!! Secret Society always knows how to get things done right. Props out again to the whole Secret Society gang.
    sdjohn

LCUSA #566
    77 LI150 Special (now 175)
    80 P200E

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oops missed this. It was nice meeting you too! Thanks for coming out to the ride and your compliments. It's great when all goes as planned. Funny story, one of our members put on his full Naval Captain uniform and went to the Coronado Police dept to discuss and forewarn a swarm of scoots coming through, so no surprises. Not only did he get their full support, they changed the timing of the lights so that the group would get through without it changing every few seconds. Props to Coronado cops. Come out to the SSSC 30yr bash!

7. Likes Rico liked this post