User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Oakland, CALI - Head to the Hills Rally #12, 2013

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lisa Marie, you seem to be suffering from selective memory as your whole boycott is a very specific slam on my club and you have even directed your attacks at me personally. And now you are doing the same thing and somehow hoping that people won't forget your earlier rants. Your boycott serves no purpose. If you want more classic rallies, make them happen, and run em any way you want. We don't need a "classic rally tzar" to tell us how to run things.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa-Marie View Post

"Unity" has been misappropriated in insisting that modern scoots ride with "classic only" rides. I promote respect towards each other. I boycott Rage 27 b/c this community lacks respect for other people's rides and events. Actually, Rage 27 will probably have more classic scoots showing up this year b/c of the boycott!

I want to be able to be part of a scene that resembles what it was like in the 80s and 90s and for it to thrive here in San Francisco and elsewhere. Many people feel the same way as I do and want to create the space (territory) for these events to happen. It is also my understanding that these same issues also exist in LA and Seattle: modern scooters insisting upon rally unity and riding with "Classic Only."

I want people to realize that there exists tons of potential for the classic scene to grow.

SSSC is no longer what it used to be and that is fine, no one has critiqued them/you, I've met fabulous people on modern scooters and motorcycles, and have been respectful to SSSC and its community, and so have other classic enthusiasts.

I want that respect reciprocated.

I would like very much for someone like Jimbo to lay down the law for "Classic Only" rides and events. This will be helpful for modern scooters to think, before they trespass, and create reason for boycott. No more arrogance when modern scoots and motos show up. Modern scooters at a "Classic Only" ride is disrespectful and harmful to the "Classic Only" scene.

(Please find the humor and good intentions.)
    A Disclaimer: After realizing that BS boycott thread was still visible is not cool, while original boycott thread deleted, and noticing a signature opposing boycott compelled me to dish (it) back.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently, SSSC, along with its majority modern scoooter community, needs a set of laws in how to participate in "Classic Only" rides!
    Encouraging respect and space for difffernet modes of thought: postcapitalism, alternative productions, "Barefoot" Economy & "Vintage/Classic Only" Scooter Rallies.

[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\Goodwill\My Documents\My Pictures\BOYCOTT PLASTIC RAGE 27![/IMG]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not interested in being the West Coast scooter Sheriff, that would be pure comedy. People need to be honest when promoting their events. Decide what they want to do and do it with conviction and hopefully some style.

4. Likes alexofc69 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing we don't need is you or anyone else telling us how to run our event. If you don't like the rally we throw, that's your business, nobody is forcing you to attend and we aren't advertising it as something it's not. Why would you want to attend a rally that that is something you oppose? Do your laundry, get your hair done, take your kid to a movie, ride your scooter, do whatever you like.

Your whole notion of modern boogoymen invading your classic rallies is a non issue that rarely requires anyone saying anything, and if some poor misguided fool shows up on his buddy at classic, rest assured there will be plenty of folks ready to shoo them off before they spoil your fun. You need to accept that you do not have the right to impose your set of rules on my club or on any other group.

Apparently, SSSC, along with its majority modern scoooter community, needs a set of laws in how to participate in "Classic Only" rides!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I certainly hope modern scooters will think twice prior to showing up at any "Classic Only" rallies. Also, hope other rally's will be honest in their advertising thus not to weaken the meaning behind "Classic/Vintage Only." Not everyone is in the know. I hope Paisans.org can be a forum to tease out the aforementioned.

Boycott's propaganda may continue on facebook and word of mouth.
    Encouraging respect and space for difffernet modes of thought: postcapitalism, alternative productions, "Barefoot" Economy & "Vintage/Classic Only" Scooter Rallies.

[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\Goodwill\My Documents\My Pictures\BOYCOTT PLASTIC RAGE 27![/IMG]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I certainly hope modern scooters will think twice prior to showing up at any "Classic Only" rallies. Also, hope other rally's will be honest in their advertising thus not to weaken the meaning behind "Classic/Vintage Only." Not everyone is in the know.
    Boy o Boy if I could only control what other people on this planet do than I would have it made.........but of course the only person I can control is myself, and thats a full time job.

People will do as they wish and as often happens, they do. Organisers and club members do a good job at events and all participants have to learn to go with the flow. Moderns will come and go and just try to be happy that your bike will be around longer than you will.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't control people's disrespectful attitudes, but can push back, and demand space for "Classics Only" rides, events, clubs, etc. to thrive.
    I'm terribly sad to learn that one out of only two "Classic Only" ride in the entire Bay Area is meeting up with SSSC's Mod vs Rockers and their plastic loving community. It is what it is. That is that. SSSC has brought the plague!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    plastic loving community..............the plague!

Hear me out.. I am in no way implying this to you.......but damn if your statement doesn't remind me of some self intitled race hate shit from the south. Just like N###er loving community. I may be a bit of an ole timer but cuwt gawd you need to step back 5 feet and give some room.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no idea how you have managed to develop this victim mentality, please understand that nobody is oppressing you. As for the MvR and LALO rides meeting up, I have no idea if it will happen, and it hasn't been seriously discussed. From my view the LALO ride will be totally unsoiled as it has its own meet spot and end spot. LALO riders are however invited to the MvR after party at the Sfmc. I'm also at a loss how you are rationalizing the blame for the "plague" as you call it being placed on my club, we all ride classic bikes and will be enjoying the SF Classic on our Vespas and Lambrettas.

As for spouting disrespect, you have that right, but unfortunately it's all coming from you.
    Can't control people's disrespectful attitudes, but can push back, and demand space for "Classics Only" rides, events, clubs, etc. to thrive.
    I'm terribly sad to learn that one out of only two "Classic Only" ride in the entire Bay Area is meeting up with SSSC's Mod vs Rockers and their plastic loving community. It is what it is. That is that. SSSC has brought the plague!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It sounds familiar because LM is using the same arguments that racists use to justify their actions.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyb865 View Post
    Hear me out.. I am in no way implying this to you.......but damn if your statement doesn't remind me of some self intitled race hate shit from the south. Just like N###er loving community. I may be a bit of an ole timer but cuwt gawd you need to step back 5 feet and give some room.