Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: So close yet so far!!! :(

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rico View Post
    I'm having idling/jetting problems. I think it's time to just turn it over to Dean and call it the day
    Sometimes this is best, even though I hate to admit defeat. I think I'd have totally given up in frustration getting my bike running after 14+ months, but thank God Guillermo came back in town and found 2 small but key defects that I'd still be scratching my head over (leaking new mag side flywheel seal and some bad carb jets). Fresh eyes on an old problem are a good thing.
    sdjohn

LCUSA #566
    77 LI150 Special (now 175)
    80 P200E

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Items for Sale
    Well mine is gone over 20 months now, You know life happens, and besides family matters are more important,

Anyway, I wish I lived closer to SD, Guillermo has more convenient times of operation and has offered to help me out for quite a while, but my schedule is full and getting to SD and back is not really an option at this time.

Dean is closer, He has always been good to me, but our schedules constantly conflict.

Greg Gullotta has been a saint coming all the way out from Hemet, and helped me out 3 different times. It's just that damn jetting!

BTW- Thanks to all of you who have helped out on this project at one point or antoher. When it is completely done, I assure you I will all give you credit.
    Rico

BLUE, WHITE, AND GOLD!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

project

Remember what the Godfather said, family comes first. A man takes care of his family first, and I have to agree with the second reply, many people I know lost their job and home. Be grateful for all the little things in life and just take it one day at a time. I was there once, lost my job and my home. Living out of the car for awhile, now kinda getting back on my feet. But that Lammy looks way sweeter than the Lammy I had. I had to give away my first scooter because I could not afford to take care of it and gave it away to the right person. Fully restored and kept it ever since. If anyone can get that bad ass machine on the road, it's you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Items for Sale
    This is an old thread but thanks for the support. It's been running for quite a while now. Thanks to Veloce Scooters for getting everything straightened out. My time to work on my scoots have been very limited these days and I prefer riding on my spare time than wrenching. Plus wrenching on Lambretta's beyond maintenance are not my strong point, so for now, I'll stick to wrenching on Vespa's when time is available. But in all honesty I prefer my Lammy to my Vespa's these days.
    Rico

BLUE, WHITE, AND GOLD!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rico View Post
    This is an old thread but thanks for the support. It's been running for quite a while now. Thanks to Veloce Scooters for getting everything straightened out. My time to work on my scoots have been very limited these days and I prefer riding on my spare time than wrenching. Plus wrenching on Lambretta's beyond maintenance are not my strong point, so for now, I'll stick to wrenching on Vespa's when time is available. But in all honesty I prefer my Lammy to my Vespa's these days.
    Start riding your P and save your Lammy because repairs are not cheap. Also glad your Lammy is running good.
    John
    BigM-Covina

Veloce Scooters
    442 W. Fleetwood Place
    Glendora, Ca. 91740

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Items for Sale
    My P is currently in Long Beach. Ernie's P broke down the other day and he needed a way to get back home.
    Rico

BLUE, WHITE, AND GOLD!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lammy

I had a Lammy back in 1982, didn't know much mechanical stuff but she ran good when I brought it home. Things just started happening such as lost of power and it was not easy to get parts back in the 80's. I let it sit in my yard and just forgot about her, poor Lammy. Some guys that I know was interested in the scooter and said that they wanted to rebuild it, so I said that they can have it. Now the scooter is in Washington State, fully restored. I guess he kept it ever since, I am just happy I gave it to the right person.